10:00 PM

Virtual Machines

Virtualization has become the hottest topic in the tech industry.Especially when it comes to people working in a troubleshooting environment.I recently completed my MCP[Microsoft Certified Professional] exam.When i was preparing for my exam i badly needed an extra system to connect it to my existing one so I could have an hands on experience on LAN connections and server-client connections.I was no way ready to afford an other one just for this and to dump it in my home in a corner after my researches.

Thank god.when I was searching for a way on the knowledge base[the internet ofcourse) I came across this software.Just the one I needed.Its VMware. This software helps to install and run multiple OS at a time on ones desktop and trust me,it didn't utilize much of my resources.My system was running fine even after i installed a Win 2003 server, 2 Win XP clients.I added a Redhat linux too.Anyway the linux had nothing to do with my examination.Just that i wanted to have my hands on a linux OS.
This software turned to be one of the most important reason to make me clear the MCP exam and it had saved me a lot of money too.Thanks a lot.I heard that microsoft too has launched its own virtual machine software.Hmmm....

Dear Google and Microsoft People,
Please leave out some parts of this industry untouched so even others depended on the Software industry can survive too.

Yours Lovingly,
Krishna

Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Guru said...

Great post. At least it means so much to me, but then you say the MCP does not have a practical test, right ?

So whats the use of practicing all this ? I obviously understand this practice will come in handy when we actually configure a connection in real life, but does it have any use from the exam point of view ? Is it really important for me to try out the connections on a lan, or a simulation like this ?

Also about your plea to Microsoft and Google, i forwarded it on. And i just got a reply macha, They say they'll shut down by tomorrow morning, is that okie with you ?

VJ said...

You are getting really hot on blogs machan....iam subscribing to your blog right away...

keep your good work going...for the knowledge you already have...do 5 posts a day machan ,that would be a good number..

cheers

VJ said...

you are getting really hot on blogs machan....keep your good work coming...


for the kind of knowledge that you already have you can post 5 techo posts a day i guess...that should be a good rate...


anyways,iam subscribing to your blog right away...


cheers...